It is more convenient, effective and cheap to wash car at home instead of taking it to a car wash service. The process to wash car at home, however, should be performed regularly in order to avoid things getting out of hand. The parts of a car that are most likely to get affected by environment conditions and dust include wheels, external body, external accessories, windshield, glass windows, and seats. A systematic approach should be followed in order to wash all these parts regularly so that the car gives a beautiful look and remains clean and hygienic. In this article, we will explain a comprehensive cleaning process to wash car at home including both interior and exterior of the car.
Cleaning the Exterior Parts of a Car
The exterior parts of the car have to come in contact with dust and other environmental conditions such as rain on a regular basis. This can result in accumulation of dust and stains on the wheels, car body and other exterior parts. Therefore, the exterior car cleaning process should include the following steps:
Washing Car body
- Take some water in a bucket and rinse the external body of the car with the help of it. Remove dust, garbage, and any other debris from the external body with the help of water. Make sure to cover all parts of the car including the top surface.
- Now, apply some soup on all parts of the car and scrub with the help of a soft cloth. Make sure to scrub back and forth instead of circular scrubbing since marks may appear due to circular scrubbing.
- Now, rinse the car body again with the help of water and dry it with a cloth. It is advisable to completely dry the car with the help of cloth since drying in the air can leave water stains on the surface.
Washing Car Wheels
- Apply water on the car wheels preferably with the help of a hose. Pressure water will remove sticky dust and dirt from the wheel surface.
- Now, scrub the wheels with the help of a sponge and apply soup.
- Continue scrubbing until the dirt and stains have been removed from the wheels. Cleaning the Interior Parts of a Car An important aspect involved to deeply wash car at home is carrying out the basic cleaning of car’s interior parts. Some of the steps involved in the procedure are as follows:
- Remove the floor mats and wash them with the help of water and soup.
- Remove the garbage items from the car and vacuum clean in order to remove dust and dirt particles as well.
- Clean other parts such as steer, dashboard, internal windshield, etc. with the help of a damp cloth and dry them afterward. It is advisable to use a glass cleaner in order to clean the windshield and glass windows.
- It is advisable to perform dry cleaning of upholstery in the car once every month. This will keep the seats clean and remove any dirt and stains.