A great quantity of mold and mineral deposits can clog the filter of the dehumidifier reducing its efficiency due to which it is important to clean humidifier on a regular basis. Humidifiers are useful devices in a household since they can regulate the percentage of humidity in the air, especially during winter seasons. If the percentage of humidity in the air is too low, it can result in damaging the skin of people in the building. However, an unclean humidifier can also result in problems for the residents since it can accumulate germs and microbial in its filter, which can spread to all parts of the building through the air. It is, therefore, important to perform the humidifier cleaning process on a regular basis in order to ensure the performance of the device as well as to avoid health hazards in the building. In this article, we will describe a process to clean the filter of a humidifier so that it keeps performing at the highest efficiency.
Cleaning the humidifier filter with water
Humidifier filter should be cleaned regularly with the help of water so that clogged dirt and other residue particles do not accumulate. The steps involved in cleaning the humidifier filter with the help of water are as follows:
- Unplug the humidifier so that the process of cleaning the filter can begin.
- Now, empty the water container of the humidifier such that there is no water remaining in it.
- Now, remove the filter from the humidifier and rinse it with water.
- Rub the filter gently with the help of a brush so that dirt and other accumulated particles start to come off.
- Let the humidifier filter dry for an appropriate period before placing it back in the device.
Cleaning the humidifier filter with a cleaning solution
It is important to occasionally clean humidifier filter with the help of a cleaning solution since a number of germs and microbial can accumulate on it. There are a number of cleaning solutions available in the market, which can help in cleaning the humidifier filters. However, various natural cleaners can also come handy in the process to clean humidifier and help save money. In our guideline, we will use vinegar in order to clean humidifier filter in an effective manner. The steps involved in the process are as below:
- Unplug the humidifier and empty the water container of the device.
- Now, remove the humidifier filter from the device so that the process to clean it with the help of a cleaning solution can be performed.
- Prepare a solution of vinegar by mixing an appropriate quantity of vinegar in water. Pour this solution in a container having an appropriate size to accommodate the filter as well.
- Now, place the humidifier filter in the solution of vinegar for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After an appropriate time has been passed, remove the humidifier filter from the solution and rinse it with water.
- Let the humidifier filter dry for an appropriate time before placing it back in the device.