Carpet pad cleaning is an important process that requires the attention of the users since over the course of time it gets extremely dirty. Most users do not pay attention to the cleaning of carpet pad along with the carpet despite the fact that all sorts of dirt, grime, moisture, etc. accumulate on the carpet pad. Moisture can result in affecting the material of the carpet pad and reduce its lifespan while at the same time result in the spread of health hazards. When there is a spillage on the carpet, a substantial portion of the liquid also reaches the carpet pad and seeps through the material. However, users mostly focus on cleaning the carpet while ignoring the cleaning requirements of the pad that leads to gradual damage to the material of the pad.
Therefore, in this article, we will explain a standard carpet pad cleaning process which users can perform at home without requiring the services of professionals This will help in ensuring the longevity of the carpet pad by performing a cleaning method once every 6 months.
Supplies required to perform the cleaning process
In order to perform the carpet pad cleaning process, the users will require some cleaning supplies. Some of the supplies required for the process are as follows:
- Vacuum cleaner: An effective device that helps users in removing dirt, dust and garbage particles from the carpet pad.
- Cleaning agent: A suitable cleaning agent depending upon the nature of the carpet pad may help in the cleaning process. It can help remove stains and sticky substances present on the carpet pad. We also recommend using natural cleaning agents as well since they can help in obtaining better results.
- Scrubber: A scrubber may help in the process of removing stains and sticky substances present on the carpet pad.
- Dryer: It is important to dry the carpet after performing the cleaning process. Therefore, we recommend using a dryer. However, in case a dryer is not available then drying the carpet pad under the sun provides satisfactory results.
Steps involved in the process to clean carpet pad
The users can follow the steps given below in order to perform the carpet pad cleaning process:
- In the first step, remove the carpet over the carpet pad so that it is convenient to perform the cleaning process.
- Now, perform the vacuum cleaning process in order to remove dirt and dust particles present on the surface of the carpet pad. It will also help in removing garbage and other unnecessary items.
- Now, wash the carpet pad using a minimum amount of water while covering all parts.
- In the next step, apply the cleaning agent on all parts of the carpet pad in order to remove stains and germs present on the pad.
- Now, scrub the pad with the help of a scrubber and continue the process until a clean look of the pad starts to appear. Perform this process gently so that it does not affect the material of the pad.
- Wash the pad again with the help of water.
- Let the carpet dry for a few hours before using it again. A carpet dryer will provide better results in a short period if available. Also, know more about Missoula Carpet Cleaner here.